Following the incident of the floating axe-head,
- And the blinding of the Syrian warriors that followed,
- one of the servants of the king of Syria told him that Elisha, the great Prophet of God knew EVEN the things this king said in his bedroom (2 Kings 6:11)
- The king of Syria sent soldiers to capture Elisha, and Elisha was informed of such, and they came to Dothan and surrounded that city.
- Elisha’s servant went and informed Elisha of what was happening.
- Elisha responded with that famous verse: