1. Mercy is Commanded!! · Following the incident of the floating axe-head,
- And the blinding of the Syrian warriors that followed,
- one of the servants of the king of Syria told him that Elisha, the great Prophet of God knew EVEN the things this king said in his bedroom (2 Kings 6:11)
- The king of Syria sent soldiers to capture Elisha, and Elisha was informed of such, and they came to Dothan and surrounded that city.
- Elisha’s servant went and informed Elisha of what was happening.
- Elisha responded with that famous verse:
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” (2 Kings 6:16)
When Elisha’s servants came down with Elisha, he saw the huge Syrian army and were overcome with it.
2 Kin 6:21–23 Now when the king of Israel saw them, he said to Elisha, “My father, shall I kill them? Shall I kill them?” 22 But he answered, “You shall not kill them. Would you kill those whom you have taken captive with your sword and your bow? Set food and water before them, that they may eat and drink and go to their master.” 23 Then he prepared a great feast for them; and after they ate and drank, he sent them away and they went to their master. So the bands of Syrian raiders came no more into the land of Israel.
So mercy ought to inspire and enable us to take on even the largest of tasks, when we believe it to be the Lord’s desire for us…
|File Size: ||829 kb|
|File Type: || pdf|