There are a couple groups in view here:
- First, it speaks of one who hates with the implication that they ought not be hating in the first place.
- Second, it speaks of one who has, in some way or another, sought to hide that hatred, or the actions that demonstrate it (or something like it).
- Third, it speaks of that which is a definite sin in the eyes of God (not that the hating of another is NOT a sin, it surely is). The sin in view here is that of lying, telling an untruth in one way or another.
- Fourthly, it speaks of the matter of slander and the spreading of that slander.
- And Fifthly, by way of conclusion, there are those who do the things in view - the fools!!