- This verse is one of the more famous and well-known verses in the Book of Proverbs.
- There are several purposes that Solomon has for the book outlined in the chapter as a whole.
- But verses 1-7 tells what is surely the more central and significant purpose, not to mention that it is perhaps the most important to you and I and enables believers to gain the knowledge that is badly needed to live in a godly fashion as they walk through the world.
- One writer described this purpose as: “To promote wisdom and godly living”.
- Also, we might acknowledge our verse here as a theme of the entire book.
- What it puts forth as this ventral purpose can be described in two sections:
First, God desires for us to have a working, functional understanding of what true wisdom is and where it comes from.
Solomon takes great pains throughout the Book to tell us what this knowledge and wisdom is and how we should view life, in all of it parts and degrees in order to be successful in all areas that God leads us into.
and the Fear of the Lord in a day or so...